All of the parts for our Satin camera cage have finally arrived. This is very exciting! It has taken us quite a while to fine-tune and perfect our MYT Cage design to get to where it is today. The Cage was designed to work seamlessly with our Satin fluid-free camera head system, but it can also be used independently. The functionality of our cage is top-notch, particularly when used with our Cradle design which allows you to slide the cage in and out with no disassembly required. The range of options has also increased dramatically.
We believe the cage to be one of the most versatile designs available today, which can accommodate a variety of professional gear ranging from DSLR all the way to C300. Compared to the camera-specific cages available on the market today, this cross-platform system is quite appealing. From its inception, we took particular care to consider the pace of innovation in cameras today, and build in adjustments for cameras well into the future.
Each component has been machined from one block of high grade aluminum to the tightest tolerances, leading to a system of extremely high material integrity. The cage assembly was designed modularly, meaning that any one piece can be replaced in the rare instance that a part needs to be replaced. Each piece has also been hard-coat anodized for additional durability.
Some key features:
• Universal cage with height adjustability to accept cameras from DSLR to C300
• Rosette-based adjustable wooden handle improves ergonomic control
• Height adjustable 15mm cheese plates on top and bottom of the cage
• Slit to accommodate both 3/8" and 1/4-20" camera bases
• Machined hand grips on the vertical axes
• Rod mounting options available on top, bottom, and above the machined hand-grips
• Detachable upper horizontal axis allows operators to use their camera handle
• Top plate peppered with 1/4-20" and 3/8" holes to accept a variety of accessories
More info coming soon!